Links

Friday 26 August 2016

FB#36: Guest Mix - Unit Grooves


FB#36: Guest Mix - Unit Grooves

Time for another great guest mix; this month we host one of Mixcloud's most popular DJ's. From Frankfurt we present Unit Grooves!

Hi, unit here from unit grooves. Non professional sofa DJ, likes to play bit round with music, knobs and faders for own and may others enjoyment. I do this for fun and the love for good music.
My roots into electronic programmed beats are in the 1996 where I started to produce own tracks with hardware sampler´s like AKAI, Emu and some Synths like Korg (later the Electribe series) and Cubase running via Midi on a Atari Mega ST (later PC). I focused on house and vocal tech house but after my first Jungle parties I stepped into Jungle and DNB. I was not good at that producing that stuff to be honest and it started to eat up all my money & real time so I needed set preferences and stopped that.

Round 2006 I began to buy my preferred music online and did my first steps in mixing with Virtual DJ. (Later, Herkules RMX, S2 –Native Instruments and now Reloop Jockey 3 rmx with Traktor Pro) To buy all tracks is my way to show respect to the work of the artists. The intention is to arrange the tracks in a way and selection I like to hear them in a continuous mix. And the fun to play round with tracks knobs and faders on my controller.

Manly focus on liquid, and atmospheric deeper dnb, but love and hear and mix all kind of drum & bass as long it taste my ears. Since 2 years I upload my sets on Mixcloud and up to now I am real happy with the feedback. Thanks to Fat Badger Podcast for the invite. Hope you n´joy the mix.

Show Unit Grooves some love here:
Mixcloud: www.mixcloud.com/unit_grooves/
Twitter: twitter.com/UnitGrooves

You can also follow us here:
Mixcloud: www.mixcloud.com/fatbadgerpodcast
Facebook: www.facebook.com/fatbadgerpodcast
Twitter: www.twitter.com/fatbadger_dnb

1. Naibu – KTX
2. Subficial – Break Up
3. Spy – Stand Alone (feat. Drs)
4. Enei – Stonehead
5. Broken Drum – The Best Is Yet To Come (feat. Julie Harrington)
6. Radicall – Quantum (Original Mix)
7. Dom & Roland – Outta Endz VIP
8. Danny Lo – Numba Wun Bass Playa
9. Changing Faces – Nothing You Can Say
10. Hybrid Minds – Mountains (feat. Jasmine Spence)
11. Nymfo – In Our Minds (feat Chris SU)
12. North Base – Join The Dots
13. Critical Mass – Last Stand
14. Fred V & Grafix – Let You Guard Down (feat Panda / Ian Horrocks – Hugh Hardie remix)
15. Dub Phizix – The Clock Ticks
16. Sunchase & Nickbee – As We Look (Teddy Killerz & Malk remix)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment